- Prancing Pooches and its employees agree to provide services in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an expressed condition thereof, the client waives any and all claims against Prancing Pooches or its employees, unless arising from gross negligence on the part of Prancing Pooches. Client agrees to notify Prancing Pooches of any concerns within 24 hours of returning home.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for any complications pet(s) may suffer by/from any actions that take place while they are left unattended.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for any property damage caused by the client’s pet that may include: carpet, flooring, furniture, walls, woodwork or any other personal items.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for pets that bite. Any expenses (medical or otherwise) associated with such an occurrence are strictly the responsibility of the client.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for the accidental injury, death, or escape of the pet from the client’s property due to faulty screens, doors or fencing.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for any animals equipped with an electronic fencing device that escape the pre-defined invisible barrier. Electric collars should have fresh batteries installed and be fully functional at all times.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed Prancing Pooches to allow outside, including pets with doggie doors and/or primarily outdoor pets. Prancing Pooches reserves the right to move an outdoor pet to shelter in the event of extreme temperatures or weather conditions. Prancing Pooches is not responsible for any damage or costs incurred with this move.
- Client authorizes Prancing Pooches to obtain locksmith services should a key, garage door opener, coded security pad or any other mechanism necessary to achieve entrance into the residence malfunction. Should all necessary attempts to contact the client fail, the client agrees to be held responsible for any and all charges necessary to gain access.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for the safety of the client’s pet or home if another service provider, friend, or family member enters the property at any time during the contracted services. Job sharing is not permitted within the parameters of Prancing Pooches’ insurance.
- In order to maintain the highest standard of our services, employees of Prancing Pooches are strictly prohibited from exchanging/obtaining any client contact information for off-site communication purposes (phone numbers, email addresses etc.). Any questions or concerns that the client may have can be directly addressed with our administrative office.
- Prancing Pooches does not walk unruly dogs. All pets must be walked on a leash, with no exceptions at any time.
- Prancing Pooches does not accept aggressive animals. Client shall be held responsible for all costs including but not limited to: medical care, attorney fees, boarding expenses etc. if their pet should injure another person, animal or member of Prancing Pooches staff. Any pet that becomes violent or dangerous during a pet sitting contract will immediately be boarded with a local kennel of Prancing Pooches’ choosing until the client has returned home. A 50% refund will be issued on all remaining services left unfulfilled.
- Client is responsible for making arrangements for snow removal. Visits may not be made in snow covered driveways and/or walkways if unsafe conditions persist.
- Prancing Pooches reserves the right to deny or terminate contract should the service requested differ from the original consultation, allow for inappropriate situations, or pose safety and/or financial concerns.
- Prancing Pooches will not render services for acutely ill animals or those with uncontrolled medical conditions. Prancing Pooches suggests the animal be boarded with a vet.
- Prancing Pooches and its employees shall not be held responsible for any reactions or side effects pet suffers as a result of medication administration that has been approved by the client.
- Client understands that all pets must have an assigned veterinarian and must be up to date on all vaccinations and essential appointments. Client agrees to reimburse Prancing Pooches for all costs including, but not limited to: medical care and/or lost wages associated with a walker contacting any ailments while exposed to the client’s pet(s).
- Prancing Pooches does not diagnose medical issues or offer veterinary services. Prancing Pooches suggests that any veterinary or medical concerns be referred to a veterinarian.
- Client agrees to authorize Prancing Pooches to handle any emergencies that may arise. In the event of an emergency, Prancing Pooches will make every effort necessary to contact the client. Should repeated attempts to contact the client fail, Prancing Pooches is granted the authority to act in his/her home and pet(s) best interest and remain available at the rate of $30 per hour.
- Prancing Pooches suggests clients delegate a responsible party that is capable of securing the care of their pet(s) in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme inclement weather or natural disaster. Prancing Pooches recommends the client’s emergency caretaker be a neighbor that lives nearby so that they can most readily reach their home should the need arise. Prancing Pooches is not responsible for the client’s pet(s) under these conditions.
Hours of Operation
- Regular business hours for Dog Walking services only are 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Pet Sitting services are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week by appointment.
- Prancing Pooches is closed in holiday observance: New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Holiday appointments for Slumber Party services only may be scheduled via special arrangement and are billed an additional $35, with no pick up or drop off permitted on the day of the holiday(s) listed above. For all other public holidays and observances, normal business hours will apply.
- Prancing Pooches inclement weather policy adheres to Baltimore City School closings (within reason). Should adjustments to the school calendar occur, every attempt will still be made to accommodate the client’s contracted schedule so long as the safety and welfare of our employee(s) is not compromised.
- Though every effort is made to render services as close as possible to the time specified within the service agreement, Prancing Pooches cannot guarantee time-specific appointments. Contractual obligations will be fulfilled within two hours of the time agreed upon between the client and Prancing Pooches during contract signing.
Appointments & Cancellations
- Appointments scheduled with less than 24-hour notice are charged double the normal service rates.
- Cancellations of Dog Walking services must be made more than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment in order to receive credit for the daily walking charges.
- Cancellations of Pet Sitting services must be made more than 72 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 72 hours of a scheduled appointment will be reimbursed as credit with Prancing Pooches for use at a future date, minus a $50 cancellation fee. Account credit may be applied toward the original household in which services were contracted, and is non-transferable.
- In the unforeseen event that the pet under contract should become deceased, the client’s options are as follows: a) receive a 50% refund for all remaining services scheduled under the current contract, or b) have the remaining value of the contract applied toward services for another pet within the same household. This contract is only transferable to other pets that live within the same residence, and those that belong to the same client.
- Should the client need to cancel a contract due to relocation outside of the serviceable area, or in the event their pet transfers ownership for any reason, a refund of 50% of the remaining contracted services will be issued.
Contracts & Billing
- Client must complete the 10-page “New Client Packet” in full (with signatures) and consent to all Prancing Pooches Policies & Procedures prior to the commencement of any services. Similarly, a copy of all recent Veterinary records must be attached.
- Client must provide Prancing Pooches with (2) copies of the key(s) necessary to gain entry to their residence prior to services beginning. Additionally, a single copy of any fob/card necessary to grant access to the property must be included at this time (if applicable).
- Payment is due in full at the time of contract signing, and required before any services are scheduled or rendered. Express Walk packages are purchased in quantities of ten walks each, and Deluxe Walk packages are purchased in quantities of five walks each. Client will be notified that the contract is nearing fulfillment once it is within two walks of completion.
- Service prices include up to (3) pets per household. Each pet beyond (3) is assessed an additional per-appointment rate of $5 each for Dog Walking services, and $20 each for Pet Sitting services.
- In the event that additional visits are provided or unforeseen expenses are incurred on behalf of the client (food, supplies, vet fees, etc.), a payment for the complete balance is required immediately. Should payment not be received within ten days of accrual, a late charge of $30 will be applied to the total balance due and continue so on every ten days thereafter until the balance is paid in full.
- A charge of fifty cents per mile will be applied to cover transportation costs to/from any client locations that lie outside Prancing Pooches’ serviceable neighborhoods. Fees will be calculated and included in the total balance due at the time of contract signing.
- A $30 fee is assessed on all returned checks (in addition to any individual bank charges) as result of a declined payment. All fees and charges are due immediately upon receipt, and prior to further services being scheduled or rendered. Payment will first be deducted from the client’s remaining service balance, but should no such balance remain, the outstanding charges must be satisfied via PayPal, Credit Card, Money Order or Cash.